These are really exciting times for me. What with all the cosmic energies supporting me in my journey.
I’m going through a most transformational period in my life. Chiron Return. I talked about that in my previous posts. I’m right in the midst of my cleaning and clearing up of stuff where my core wound lies in my natal chart, where Chiron is positioned — in the fourth house, the house of roots and origins, home and environment, family and father issues.
And if the energy of Chiron Return isn’t enough yet, there is a series of eclipses taking place in a couple of days. Are you feeling the energies yet?
I am a full moon baby — it was a full moon exactly on the evening of my birthday. I was born on the 19th of May at forty minutes past the hour of six o’clock in the evening. It was the Great Goddess of the Moon who first welcomed me in this school called Earth. And she hasn’t left me since.
There’s a partial lunar eclipse on April 25 at 5 degrees of Scorpio. An annular solar eclipse on May 10 in Taurus. And a penumbral lunar eclipse on May 25 in Sagittarius.
My moon is in Scorpio. My sun is in Taurus. My rising sign is Sagittarius.
So will I be impacted by these eclipses? I don’t think the cosmos is giving me any way around it! 🙂
Talk about being a middle child and not having received much attention. I sure am the cosmos’ most favored one this time around. And the cosmos surely has my attention!
“Eclipses are dramatic ‘wild cards’ in our horoscopes. They are some of the most dramatic tools that the universe uses to get us to pay attention to areas in our life that need to change. They uproot us, surprise us, and get us moving. They shake us up so that we can move from one level of maturity to another, to a higher plane, very rapidly. Eclipses want us to change, and change we do!” ~ Susan Miller, The Year Ahead 2012 and Beyond
Is something “bad” going to happen during eclipses? Some people hold this belief. That’s probably because eclipses usher in endings. But with endings come beginnings.
So what is an eclipse? What’s the difference between a lunar and solar eclipse? What can we expect?
“A solar eclipse occurs when the moon stands between the Sun and earth, cutting off the light of the Sun. This is what we typically think of when we use the word “eclipse,” with the moon covering the Sun. A lunar eclipse occurs when the earth stands between the moon and the Sun, cutting off the light of the Sun from the moon. The moon has no light of her own, as she simply reflects the light of the Sun. Here the moon basically disappears. A lunar eclipse is always a full moon and usually marks endings or culmination points. Any eclipse is a significant event in the heavens. In truth, a solar eclipse is really a new moon on steroids and a lunar eclipse is a full moon on steroids— they have the strength of a new moon or full moon times three.” (Source: The Year Ahead 2012 and Beyond, by Susan Miller)
Points to remember
And here’s a list of some of the pointers which Susan expounded in her book:
- With all eclipses, something ends and something else begins. Solar eclipses tend to create new beginnings and bright new opportunities. Lunar eclipses are more emotional, for they cause final endings.
- Eclipses bring news of life’s big events. Eclipses will bring a random event you do not expect, didn’t know about, and one that is completely outside your control, yet that event will bring vast changes inside your life to your doorstep. The job of an eclipse is to shine a glaring ray of truth to the part of your life that is being touched, and truth will likely arrive in a startling way.
- An eclipse, especially a full moon lunar eclipse, will help you to see the true character of someone close— brace yourself, you may not like what you see. Occasionally, an important person to you will be “eclipsed out” of your life.
- Take any message you hear from an eclipse as non-negotiable and firm, and then move on. Take notice of all news and signals you get near an eclipse, and take them seriously, even if news comes as subjective and ambiguous as gossip.
- Eclipses almost always bring up all kinds of unexpected changes of direction, assuming your Sun, moon, or a planet is touched. Events brought on by an eclipse always have much more weight than events brought on by a normal new or full moon.Try not to issue ultimatums or make big actions under an eclipse.
- If an eclipse falls on your birthday, or within five days of your birthday, the year that follows that particular birthday will be a critical one for you. It’s vital you guard your health if an eclipse falls within five days of your birthday, or if it falls almost exactly opposite your birthday.
- You may be feeling more emotional than usual under an eclipse, especially if the eclipse is lunar (full moon).
- Look to the house of both your solar chart and your rising sign chart where the eclipse will be to find out what areas of life will bring a major change in status.
What are the themes of the April and May eclipses?
In Phoenix will rise: Partial Lunar Eclipse in Scorpio April 2013, Maharani Rutan writes,
“This eclipse is particularly relationship oriented – our relations with others can be disconnected, braved, or suddenly welded together as the shock calls one to action. This will be an end of a cycle or a significant change in direction of affairs focusing on home, family and health. It may be that you will end a relationship or your partner may become indifferent.”
In Lunar Eclipse in Scorpio – April 25, 2013, here’s what Cristina Laird says,
“..it is possible that situations that have been strained will explode and end up sorting themselves out, putting an end to a period of tension and unresolved issues as well. Even so, it is possible that we make important decisions that mean saying goodbye to situations or people, who have accompanied us for a while and that we felt very attached to…The issues that are already developing and that have started for the last new moon in Aries, will be in evidence. This eclipse occurs in the angle Tauro-Escorpio that speaks to us of our deepest values and our need of security within ourselves.”
And here’s what Cathy Lynn Pagano explains about the upcoming eclipses in The Cosmic Story: Scorpio Lunar Eclipse, April 25, 2013,
“Eclipses occur at the Moon’s Nodes, where the Moon’s orbit intersects the Earth’s path around the Sun. The point where the Moon ascends through this elliptic is called the North Node and symbolizes where we need to evolve our consciousness. Where the Moon descends through the elliptic, the South Node, we are pulled to the past, to the patterns and beliefs we need to release to get to our new future Selves. These next 3 eclipses all take place very close to the South Node in Taurus, so we will feel the cosmic pressure to release old patterns of behavior, especially around the issues of our relationships, our use of both personal and collective resources, our talents and our money. Be aware of what memories come up for you now. Energetically, eclipses dissolve old energy patterns and create new ones. During and after eclipses, our consciousness can be regenerated and reconfigured into higher states of awareness. So listen to your instincts and intuitions–they are strong right now and will guide you as you build a new paradigm to live in.
The two lunar eclipses signal major endings in our lives, while the solar eclipse fertilizes the new beginnings we energized during the past month while the Sun was in Aries.
The cosmic clock not only tells us when it’s the right time for change, it also gives us hints as to the flavor of that change. The South Node of this eclipse is in Taurus, along with the Sun, Mars and Venus. Taurus is the first Earth sign, a fixed energy that concentrates and shapes Aries fiery energies into manifestation. When the eclipses take place in the signs of Scorpio and Taurus, the Cosmic Story asks us to look at our security and self-worth issues (Taurus) and release (Scorpio) old beliefs that outer things give us our value instead of our own inner worth. Self-esteem and self-worth are the virtues we have to work on at this lunar eclipse.”
Lunar Eclipse – A magical moment of balance and integration
The energy of the moon peaks during the full moon phase. Any intention or “any effort performed during the Full Moon is not only charged to the max, but packs a cosmic wallop when released into the Universe.” (Source: Everyday Moon Magic: Spells & Rituals for Abundant Living by Dorothy Morrison)
Especially more so during the lunar eclipse when the energy is even more potent.
Whatever rituals, intentions, prayers or mantras we put out during the lunar eclipse, may we remember that the energy is “so powerful it can bring about events that other Moon phases seldom manage. Simply put, Lunar Eclipse energy brings the impossible to fruition; it can single-handedly manifest real miracles,” Dorothy reiterates.
More importantly, the lunar eclipse is a reminder of the need for balance and integration in our lives.
“The Lunar Eclipse is a magical event more special than any other. For one thing, it provides a time when the energies of the Moon and Sun connect, and this marriage of sorts brings a balance, an equalization of the male and female polarities if you will, that puts everything back in perspective. Because it brings the light-dark-light concept into full view, it’s also a reminder of the birth-death-rebirth cycles.”
May we die out of the old and be born into the new. And may the energies of the eclipses shed light on what needs to be worked through!
# # #