I find much joy in sharing my experiences and insights through writing and blogging. As I live in joy and align with Truth, I am shining my light and in doing so, contributing to the planetary and humanity ascension. You may contact me directly and send me a private message at email@example.com, but no junk mails please. Much Blessings, Be Light, Namaste...♥NadineMarie♥
Responses and CommentsResponses to the posts and messages are welcomed and encouraged. However, please send messages that are uplifting, those that contain only loving and high vibrating thoughts, and are in alignment with Truth.
- “Tabi-tabi po” – The Filipino Way of Giving Respect to the Elementals
- Nelson Mandela: His Words, His Example
- Myths, Mists and Magical Tales… Arthurian, Mediaeval and Celtic Information Sources by Cate Russell-Cole
- “George Clooney Has Yet To Meet the Love Of His Life” & Dreaming About Him
- Coming Home to My Inner Family
- Making Peace With the Community Within
- Boundaries 101: How to not only survive, but THRIVE in the world of Social Media; especially as an Empathic, or Highly Sensitive Person
- Learning and Mastering Lessons – What’s the Difference?
- The Prognosis That Never Was – Reflections On My Caregiving Experience, Part 2
- Over 100 Documentaries To Expand Your Consciousness – Watch Online For FREE
- Am I Being “Protected” or Am I Being Led & Guided? – My Reflections on Super Typhoon Haiyan
- Times They Were A-Changing: Women Remember the ’60s & ’70s
- Healthy Boundaries for Highly Sensitive People – An Excerpt from “Assertiveness for Earth Angels”
- This Is How We Grow by Christina G. Hibbert, PsyD – Download for FREE
- Weather Disturbances: Cleansing of Mother Earth
Topics64 ways in 64 days nonviolence daily reflection 64 ways of living nonviolently 2012 announcements astrology awakening blessing blog blogging blogs books Chiron Return Christianity Christmas community community living compassion consciousness culture current events divine divinity energy environment events faith family forgiveness God gratitude healing health heart chakra inner child inner child therapy inner child work inner voice inspiration journey letting go Life lifestyle living in peace love meditation message Mother Earth Mother Mary nature news peace peace work poems poetry prayer prayer for peace readjusting to Filipino culture reflection reflections relationships religion reverence science season for nonviolence setting boundaries social media society spirituality thoughts throat chakra travel truth Universe watch & listen writing
- @jamieswalters Wow, Jamie, thank you for sharing this with your followers! ☀ Much, much appreciated! ☀ Bless your ♥ dear! 3 hours ago
- I say “Tabi-tabi po”, the Filipino way to give respect to elementals, not out of fear but deep respect for all... fb.me/6wl1Uz9n7 18 hours ago
- “Tabi-tabi po” – The Filipino Way of Giving Respect to the Elementals wp.me/p1YVUM-2uD 19 hours ago
- May #Truth be revealed; May only #Truth prevail. fb.me/ClOu0pGn 1 day ago
- "You're never too old to be arrested for child molesting. HUSH FUND: The Catholic Church paid $43M to keep sex... fb.me/2EHBBS3ZG 1 day ago
© Universal Copyright 2011-2013 is authorized here. Please distribute freely as long as full and clear credit is given to Nadine Marie V. Niguidula, M.A. and Aligning With Truth with appropriate and specific direction to the original content, and the information is distributed on a non-commercial no charge basis.
Saying NO is quite a challenge to most people.
In the Philippines, my country of origin, one of the cultural values is giving importance to what other people will think or say. This has led to people-pleasing, not being true to one’s self, saying one thing when they actually mean another, putting up with less respectful or inappropriate treatment, suffering in silence and being resentful. More often than not, it has become a hindrance to effective communication and authentic interaction and living.
Women also, in general, seem to have more difficulty with saying no or saying exactly what they feel and want or don’t want. This has led to a lot of frustration on the part of the men. “So what’s your point?” is often what men (and even women) are thinking when women start beating around the bush.
I think most people know it’s ok to say no, or they know what it is that they really want. They just don’t know how. And because they don’t know how, instead of a “yes” or a “no”, they give a “maybe”.
Yet, life isn’t always black or white, yes or no. Sometimes, it is a maybe. And a maybe is just that — a maybe. We probably need more time to think or we need more data to gather. Just as a yes or a no is a good enough answer, so is a maybe. It’s really all about coming from our truth and speaking it.
Whether you’re of the female species or part of a culture that leans heavily on people-pleasing, click here to read the article, Words to Say When You Need to Stand Up for Yourself by Christy Matta, MA. She provides practical, common sensical, invaluable tips on how to get what you want and not allow what you don’t.
How to Say No Effectively by Dr. Jennifer Howard